CENG 477 Introduction to Computer Graphics introduces the basic concepts of
computer graphics and raster based methods.
- Section 1: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ahmet Oğuz Akyüz, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office B210
- Section 2: Prof. Dr. Tolga Can, email@example.com, Office B109
- Yusuf Mücahit Çetinkaya, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office A210
- Kadir Cenk Alpay, email@example.com, Office A410
- Arif Görkem Özer, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office A210
- Section 1: Tuesday 08:40-09:30 BMB1, Thursday 08:40-10:30 BMB1
- Section 2: Monday 08:40-09:30 BMB4, Thursday 10:40-12:30 BMB4
Peter Shirley and Steve Marschner, "Fundamentals of Computer Graphics", 3rd Edition, A K Peters, 2009, ISBN 978-1568814698
- Available at the METU Bookstore
- Donald D. Hearn and M. Pauline Baker, "Computer Graphics with OpenGL", 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, 2004, ISBN 978-0130153906
- James D. Foley, Andries van Dam, Steven K. Feiner, and John F. Hughes, "Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice", 2nd Edition, Addison Wesley, 1995, ISBN 978-0201848403
- Mike Bailey and Steve Cunningham, "Graphics Shaders", A K Peters, 2009, ISBN 978-1568813349
- Peter Shirley and R. Keith Morley, "Realistic Ray Tracing", 2nd Edition, A K Peters, 2003, ISBN 978-1568814612
- Kevin Suffern, "Ray Tracing from the Ground Up", A K Peters, 2007, ISBN 978-1568812724
- 3 Programming Assignments: 30% (10% each)
- Midterm 1: 20%
- Midterm 2: 20%
- Final: 30%
Programming Assignment Policies
- Programming assignments can be made in teams of 2 students.
- We have a flexible late submission policy. You have a credit of 7 late days. You can distribute this to your assignments without exceeding 3 days per assignment. No late submission is possible after 3 days or if you have used up your credit.
- Programming assignment will not be postponed except for a system failure in the department computers.
Collaboration and Cheating
- No code sharing allowed between different teams.
- Using code from the internet is only allowed if explicitly specified in the assignment text.
- Cheaters will be punished according to the university regulations.
Remember that cheating may have serious consequences for your academic career. So please refrain from it. If you are having difficulties talk to your instructors and the assistants. We are here to help!